This phrase originally started with audrey hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys. In case you didnt already know i love her and this movie is my favorite. The "mean reds" was used to mean like when your down or sad or having a bummer day. Well today while i was driving from picking up jacob (my cousin/son) i was thinking about the other day.
Flashback: You see on Tuesday my day didnt go like i planned its a long story but i was really bummed out and since i dont drink or smoke i had nothing... so i though. I only mention drinking and smoking cuz usually that makes the majority of people forget all the negative things going on in their lives. So I thought well im having a terrible day ill get some cigarettes to smoke it off... (im legal to buy them) but of course i wouldnt , i have a really good guy on my shoulders reminding me of what id be doing. (thanks Jesus). I then thought well ill go over to a friends and drink the day away but again my guy speaks up and i realize, "i dont want to be throwing up! How will i get home? How long will it take to wear off? Do I really want to?". Its because of my many questions and of course "my guy" that i was able to avoid both options. Instead i picked up a big can labeled "Starbucks Mocha DoubleShot Energy+Coffee" and a "King Size Snickers".. God bless chocolate (im not big on sweets but hey im down).. I was so wired!
So today on my way home i thought again what would i do? what relaxes me? what makes me forget my worries and the negative things in my life? Then .. the LIGHTBULB! So it begins:
DANCING! I love LOVE to dance. I use to do ballet then i just danced whenever music would play (I still do) and it is so.. relaxing and it gets your heart pumping! i love it! Then theres "SINGING AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS"! I started doing it when i was bored or really hyped up, now i do it to release stress. I totally recommend it just not in public or in a library... unless your prepared to get looks : ). Then i thought well what got me through highschool...WORKING OUT/Exercise/Performing! I loved all 3. Anytime i had a bad day at school i looked forward to cheer practice we'd run a mile then begin weight lifting then it was STUNT time which is very difficult (Jayme and i were and still are the best) we only tried and loved the difficult stunts, they required real work!
I miss that so much... i know.. i sound cheesy.. i dont care : p .
So I came to my realization today people are silly!
Stop relying on drugs and alcohol and do something productive!
So if you need something to during your "mean reds" to get them away do something, like:
-shopping -cleaning -organizing -dancing -sing at the top of your lungs
-dance your heart away -exercise/stunt/work out
but with all of those please please be safe, dont hurt yourself!
Glad I can think and even happier that i shared it.. hope I helped someone/anyone.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment