For the past two Wednesdays at M'ettes (a church girls ministry class program) we have been discussing Women in Ministry. Wether or not it is okay for women to ministers and what God has to say about it. Last week each girl was asked what we would like to do in the future our career choices and how they would minister for God. I said I have always felt that God has big plans for me and that if its in the Business Industry Ill be at the very top. I've always dreamed of owning my own business. Sara, our youth pastor and teacher, asked how i would use it to minister for God. Im not sure if any of you have ever shopped at forever 21 before but they have a scripture verse at the bottom of their shopping bags I told sara I would like to do the same and I could also play christian music and the clothing and products i sell also.
This wednesdays conversation went a little more into depth. The topic was "how did the "fall" affect women? " We talked about how things happend, both adam and eve ate of the forbidden tree and were told how theyd suffer. I never realized but i had alot of questions like how did adam and eve know how to sew who came up with sew as the word? and how did eve know what being pregnant meant? Then Sara Ray the genius of the group explained that eating the fruit from the tree probably was how they got their knowledge to these things. Sara Ray is a very smart girl. So then Sara Neie began talking about how men are one track mind and women are multitaskers. Then i thought aloud well wouldnt it make more sense for women to be in the ministry because we are multitaskers. I mean part of being in the minsitry is being able to handle alot of things at once and being flexible. Sara Ray agreed and added that it would also make sense because the women of the congregation would need someone to relate to and a man cant relate to a women to a certain extent.
This lesson is very important to me and I am sure it is important to the girls as well. We have come across people who still believe the Men should be the ministers and do the work and that the women is just to be at his side. They question sara being the main pastor and assume matt is our pastor and that she goes to meetings because he cant be there. Why do people think its wrong? Why cant a women be a minister? Why do some people still frown upon it and say "well shes going to hell"? Whats wrong with Women being Ministers?

1 comment:
There's nothing wrong with women being ministers. I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say that a woman is going to Hell for being a minister, but I will say that there's nothing wrong with it.
The truth of the matter is that women and men are definitely created differently. While we are both very much capable of the same things, the mind of men and women tend to also function differently as well, and I believe God did this for a reason. Being leaders and thinkers are what men are made for, and being visionaries as well. Though I'm not saying that women aren't like that at all, I do believe that is the reason why you find mostly men at the head of a ministry.
That said, I don't believe there's anything to stop a woman with a strong vision to step up and take charge where God has given her the talents to. There's definitely room for that, and as long as it's God's plan for you then I don't believe there is anything wrong with that at all.
Post a Comment